Friday, June 14, 2013

Chapter 7 Space

Know that I'm lost without you 
When Aria awakened the next morning she remembered her actions with a deep sense of guilt. She just hoped Hunter hadn't seen anything. 

Think of the cost of what you do 
As she stepped out of her bedroom and saw Hunter with his jaw set, she knew luck was not on her side. "Hunter," she pleaded quietly. 

"No, Aria just this once I'm not going to sit here and listen to you. In fact I've got a right mind to just walk out," Hunter told her, but the scariest thing was how deadly calm he was. His words sent Aria's head into overdrive, worsening her splitting headache. 
To me you really mean something 
"It was a mistake, I was drunk," Aria said, begging Hunter to forgive her. 
Hunter sighed in annoyance, "You know we've been together since we were fifteen and you've never made out with a guy when you were drunk, unless there's other things you mind telling me about?" Hunter remarked, clearly unimpressed with Aria's response, "I'm just so sick of this."  

Running away will fix nothing 
Aria's heart fell when he said that, "There's never been anything else like this, it's just you were with Constance." 
Hunter frowned angrily, "Its always Constance with you isn't it?" he growled, "well guess what I'm going to stay with Constance because I don't want to be in the same house as you." Aria stared at him in disbelief, "But it was one drunken kiss," she said confused.  
I'm begging you please reconsider 
"You and I know it's more than that," Hunter muttered quietly. 
"That isn't important," Aria argued. Hunter sighed, "Isn't important? It’s the reason our marriage has been falling apart, secrets don't fix things Aria."  
With you here life is much better 
Aria shifted on her feet looking down, had it really been that damaging to them? "I don't know why I kissed Larry I thought I was losing you, I guess I just wanted someone, but I have never regretted anything more in my life. Please I love you," she begged him, taking a step towards them. 
I'm just to blind to see the signs 
We're losing what we've made 
Hunter shrugged not letting Aria come any closer, "Maybe we were too young, I think we both need some space. It's not forever," Hunter promised. 
The only option, thinking of times we've had. 
Aria grabbed his arm, "I could tell you, I'll tell you just don’t leave," she begged. 
Hunter seemed to consider before shaking his head, "It's to late, Aria I'll be back," he repeated. "I know, I would wait for you forever anyway," she murmured looking down, feeling rejected. 
Her head spun as Hunter whispered into her ear, "If it makes any difference, I do love you." 

Know that I'll wait until I'm old and gray  
Just to see your face again 
Hunter put his hand on the handle of the door but Aria wouldn't let him go yet. Quickly she turned him around pulling him into a passionate kiss.  

I know what the clock says, but I'm not finished 
"People who are in love, don't leave each other," she told him as they separated. 
Aria looked into Hunter's eyes and she thought they seemed older, wiser almost. "Aria we both need this, you need to sort out this secret of yours and I need to be away from you, because I'm angry you hurt me Aria," Hunter informed, but still he stayed calm. 
Aria had always known he hardly ever got angry, but she wished he would yell at her and then they could move on. 
"Go then, see if I care," Aria snapped angrily at him, turning away from him. As the door closed she let the tears fall, how could she not have noticed how Hunter had felt why had she been so blind? 
I'm just to blind to see the signs 
Aria seemed to move forward blindly and without any motivation, days came but they hardly interested her. The only reason she knew it was Snowflake Day was because Hunter C had called her. She still hadn't spoken to Larry and she wouldn't dare to, the embarrassment was to much. How was it that in one simple move she had lost her husband and her best friend? Hunter called occasionally, but he was keeping his distance he claimed he was allowing them both time to grow. She could see the logic in that, which annoyed her the most. They needed to sort themselves out individually before they could sort out their marriage. Aria heard about Hunter's latest book through the grapevine a best-seller called Romeo and the Liar. She could only think it would be a horrible book but as she read through each page it gave her hope. 

It was based off their relationship but in the end, the two reconnected. It was the ammunition Aria needed to start to work on her problems and that meant learning to be selfless and less proud. For the only reason she truly held on to her secret was pride she realized. All this time she had been afraid Hunter would judge her, but now she realized how wrong she was. As Spring arrived, Aria welcomed it. She hated that it had been this long, but she had learnt to trust Hunter residing in the same house as Constance. They saw each often now and Aria was waiting patiently for the word from Hunter to say he was coming back. 


Aria now knew that just as certain as she was that each season would come, that's how sure she was that she would wait forever. 
Know that I'll wait until I'm old and gray  
Just to see your face again.

Song used...
Finest Wine

2 comments:

  1. Hunter's so smart. They really did need that time apart, and I think both matured from it. I hope they get back together soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think time apart will only do them good. Aria has some issues she needs to work out, and i'm totally on Hunters side.

    ReplyDelete